Manulife GIF Select InvestmentPlus
InvestmentPlus, as part of GIF Select, can offer long-term growth potential and basic protection. It is an attractive solution for investors seeking an industry-leading selection of award winning investment funds from top fund managers with the added benefit of basic protection features only available through a segregated fund contract.
InvestmentPlus can provide:
Award-winning funds - You can choose from among more than 80 carefully selected funds - many with top industry awards. InvestmentPlus offers a full spectrum of funds in various asset classes, from fixed income to specialty equity. Plus you have access to many of Canada’s quality fund managers.
You have the ability to move between funds and fund managers in the InvestmentPlus Series, should your needs or preferences change1.
InvestmentPlus has the potential to protect your assets from creditors. This feature is ideal for professionals and small business owners looking to help protect their personal assets from professional liability.
In the event of your death, the proceeds of your contract have the ability to pass quickly and privately2 to your designated beneficiaries, without the time delay and expense of probate.
For more information, please click here or contact us.
1 Moving across sales charge options may incur charges. Withdrawals, fund switches or switching investment Series may result in tax consequences.
2 Except in Saskatchewan.
The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company is the issuer of the Manulife GIF Select insurance contract which offers the EstatePlus and InvestmentPlus Series and the guarantor of any guarantee provisions therein.
Manulife Segregated Fund RESP
Helping to fund a child’s post-secondary education is one of the most important investments you can make in their future, especially in today’s competitive environment where a good education is crucial to success. Yet, with the rising cost of tuition fees and living expenses, personal savings alone may not be enough to cover the cost of higher education.
The Manulife Segregated Fund RESP is a new investment solution to help you save for a future post-secondary education need.
What you should know:
- A Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) is a flexible and convenient way to save for a child’s future post-secondary education
- Government grants and incentives may be available to qualified Student Beneficiaries to help RESP savings grow
- Investment income generated in an RESP is tax-sheltered as long as it remains in the plan
- When withdrawn, plan growth and government grants can be taxed at the student’s tax rate (he or she could pay little or no tax on this money)
- There is no annual contribution limit with an RESP, but the lifetime maximum is $50,000 per Student Beneficiary
- Anyone can open an RESP – parents, guardians, grandparents, other relatives, or friends
- Individuals can also purchase an RESP for themselves for future post-secondary education needs
- A segregated fund contract offers unique protection features, including death benefit and maturity guarantees
Please feel free to contact us to learn more about RESPs and get more information on the government incentives and grants available.
The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company is the issuer of the Manulife Segregated Fund Education Savings Plan insurance contract and the guarantor of any guarantee provisions therein.
RRSPs - The Facts
Almost everything you need to know about RRSPs. If you are like most Canadians, chances are you could use some help when it comes to saving for retirement. When used to its full advantage, an RRSP can be a powerful tool that can save you money. Click here to learn more.
Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
The Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) allows Canadians, age 18 and over, to set money aside tax-free throughout their lifetime. Each calendar year, you can contribute up to the TFSA dollar limit for the year, plus any unused TFSA contribution room from the previous year, and the amount you withdrew the year before.
The annual TFSA dollar limit for 2017 is $5,500.*
All income earned and withdrawals from a TFSA are generally tax-free. Plus, having a TFSA does not impact federal benefits and credits. It's a great way to save for short and long-term goals.
To learn all the facts, please contact us.
* For more information, please visit Canada Revenue Agency's TFSA website.